INTELLIGENT KEY MANAGEMENT CABINETS AND LOCKERS BY TRAKA (ASSA ABLOY)
Intelligent key management systems allow businesses to better protect their commercial assets like vehicles, machinery, and equipment. The system is made by Traka (ASSA ABLOY) and is a locked physical cabinet that has individual locks for each key inside. Once an authorized user gains access to the locker, they can get access to the specific keys they have permission to use. The system automatically records when a key is signed out and by whom. This increases the level of accountability with your staff, which improves the responsibility and care they have with the organization’s vehicles and equipment.
IS TRAKA’S INTELLIGENT KEY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM RIGHT FOR YOUR BUSINESS?
- An intelligent locker system or key cabinet might be right for your business if you experience the following challenges:
- Difficulty keeping track of and distributing a large number of keys, fobs, or access cards for vehicles, equipment, tools, cabinets, etc.
- Difficulty keeping track of high value items like mobile phones, tablets, laptops, guns, evidence, etc.
- Time wasted in manually keeping track of numerous keys (e.g., with a paper sign-out sheet)
- Downtime looking for missing or misplaced keys
- Staff lack accountability to look after shared facilities and equipment
- No way to track lost, damaged, or misplaced equipment
- Security risks in keys being brought off premises (e.g., accidentally taken home with staff)
- Current key management system not adhering to organization’s security policies
- Risks of having to rekey the entire system if a master key goes missing
HOW DOES TRAKA’S INTELLIGENT KEY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM WORK?
- Staff member accesses Traka key cabinet or locker using a PIN, card reader, or biometric scanner.
- The Traka key system unlocks the specific key(s) or locker(s) the staff member has been given access to.
- After use, the staff member returns the key to the key cabinet or equipment to the locker and make any necessary reports into the system (e.g., equipment maintenance requirements or mileage).
- The system administrator has real-time data on which keys or equipment are signed out by whom and can access a full history of every transaction made.
HOW DO YOU SET UP TRAKA’S INTELLIGENT KEY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM?
1) Install the Key Cabinet or Locker
Have the key cabinet or locker installed in the best location in the facility.
2) Attach Keys to iFobs
Individual keys, key sets, key fobs, or access cards are permanently attached to an iFob with a robust security seal. The iFob is a silver bullet-shaped device that carries a unique electronic ID. Each iFob is assigned a specific port inside the key cabinet and locked in place until released by an authorized user.
3) Assign Access to the Key Cabinet
System administrator can assign temporary or permanent access for users by way of PINs, card readers, or biometric scanners. The system automatically controls and records when a key is used and by whom on a central database and this information is available via the cabinet’s display or on the administrator’s computer. Depending on which system is installed, specific features like email reminders can be set up so that both the administrator and user are notified when a key isn’t returned on time.
WHO USES TRAKA’S INTELLIGENT KEY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS?
- Schools, Universities, and Colleges
- Police and Emergency Services
- Retail Environments
- Hotels and Hospitality
- Technology Companies
- Sports Centres
- Distribution Centres
BENEFITS OF USING AN INTELLIGENT KEY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- Reduce risk of misplaced and lost keys
- Keys no longer need to be labeled, minimizing security risks if keys are lost
- Improved flexibility because keys are available 24/7 to authorized staff
- Keys are returned quickly because users know they are both accountable and traceable
- Lower maintenance costs because users are taking better care of the equipment
- Improved utilization of equipment because staff can immediately report damage to equipment through the system (and the service department can respond more quickly)
- Lower operational costs with central key management as fewer resources are needed to distribute and manage large numbers of keys
- Increased visibility and organization of key use
- Reporting features provides data useful to identify patterns such as vehicle performance, staff reliability and more
- Enhanced security benefits such as the ability to enable a system lockdown remotely, temporarily preventing all users from accessing the key cabinets
- Option to be a standalone solution with no need for a connection to an IT network
- Option to integrate with current systems such as access control, video surveillance, fire and safety, human resources, ERP systems, fleet management, time and attendance, and Microsoft Active Directory
WHAT TYPES OF KEY CABINETS OR LOCKERS ARE AVAILABLE?
M-Series (Mini) Key Cabinet – up to 20 keys
S-Series (Small) Key Cabinet* – up to 60 keys
L-Series (Large) Key Cabinet* – up to 180 keys
Intelligent lockers come in various different shapes and size, including ipad lockers, laptop lockers, personnel lockers, modular lockers, and bespoke lockers to meet all your requirements
*With the S-Series and L-Series, more cabinets can be added to the system so it can hold up to 720 keys
I’M INTERESTED. WHAT’S THE NEXT STEP I SHOULD TAKE?
- Contact our office by phone (604-540-7673) or email (email@example.com) and ask to speak with an Account Manager about Traka’s Intelligent Key Management Systems.
- Work with Account Manager to determine which key management system and what features best meet your needs. If you are interested, then your Account Manager will send you a proposal.